synaptics driver on xorg git

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 6 01:19:12 PST 2007

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> I believe this .la file is created automatically by libtools and that
>
> Yes.
>
>> this is a requirement of the latest xorg-server?
>
> Nope.   xorg-server doesn't use .la's at all - I routinely delete them
> and never include them in the packages I build.

Very odd then that the build of xorg-xserver 1.2.0 in mandriva simply
wont load the synaptics driver unless I create the corresponding .la file...

Perhaps something else is at fault that the .la file was able to fix?

I checked and double checked that this was what was required to fix
things.... no .la, synaptics doesn't load, .la synaptics does load....
ran that test several times.

/me is confused.

Col