Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Emilio Scalise emisca.ml at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 14:32:13 PST 2007

I had also the same white cube problem when I tried to update mesa on
my ubuntu edgy distro (intel 945gma). I use now 1.7.2 driver. I
noticed that using mesa version 6.5.1 (20060817 prerelease version,
the one shipped with edgy) I have no problems. Using final version
6.5.1 from debian (recompiled on my machine) I have the white cube
problem. Perhaps I have not rebuilt the server.........
I think that this problem is due to version mismatchs between
components... definitely what is the dependency order to obtain a
working build?
Later I have tried using Ross Burton mesa 6.5.2 packages....white cube
problem...
I would like to use: Xorg 1.1.1 + mesa 6.5.2 + i810 1.7.3 + libdrm
2.3. What is the compilation order to get it working? Does the
mentioned patch affects also Xserver 1.1.1?