Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Daniel Kasak dan at entropy.homelinux.org
Sun Jan 7 14:55:03 PST 2007

All the systems I've built now suffer from this problem with AIGLX, and
have for quite some time. The only way I've been able to get things
working again with AIGLX is to go back to a pre-6.5.1 build of mesa (
and I think downgrade a couple of other things too, like glproto ).

XGL, however, works fine, so if your hardware can handle it, use it.
This won't help out Intel users much - XGL runs as slow as a wet week on
all our Intel chips ... although I've seen it *fly* on an i945 ( we have
lowly i845Gs ).

Alternatively, you can pass the --use-copy switch to beryl, but this is
also painfully slow.

Dan