nv problems on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE for AMD64

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed Jan 17 09:25:52 PST 2007

On Jan 11, 07 16:42:21 -0600, Chris Radlinski wrote:
> I'm not sure what that means.  Do I have a bad card?

Possibly. Often cards hang here if they are broken.

> I'm going to add another condition to the while loop so it doesn't loop
> indefinitely and see what happens.

Won't help. The gfx engine is stalled, and won't wake up again.

The only thing to debug would be to trace the commands, and find out
which one was the last the gfx engine was able to process. Don't know
how to do that correctly, though.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __