Trying randr-1.2/modesetting on i855GM

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed Jan 17 16:08:04 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 18:35 -0500, Andrew Barr wrote:
> I would like to try randr-1.2/modesetting on my i855GM graphic
> chip--mainly to get S-Video out and improved control and features on the
> VGA out on my Thinkpad R51. Is this supported yet? If so what do I need
> to update--from what git repos, branches, etc.

Nobody has written any TV-out DVO drivers yet, so you'll be out of luck
on that front (though the chipset specs are all freely available, in my
experience).  Other than that, the 855 should work, but all the usual
caveats of using a development branch apply.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com