RADEON/AIGLX DRI Lock At Initialization

vehemens vehemens at verizon.net
Mon Jul 9 00:38:57 PDT 2007

I believe I have narrowed the problem down to __glXDRIscreenProbe() removing
the RADEON DRM lock that was set up with DRIFinishScreenInit().

What happens is that __glXDRIscreenProbe() calls drmOpenOnce() which uses
drmAvailable() to test for the presence of the kernel driver.  If the test
passes, it closes the file descriptor and removes the lock.

Without the lock, the DRI operations fail for DefineInitialRootWindow() and
DRIFinishScreenInit() which run prior to DIspatch().   On my machine, this
causes an OS hang.