RADEON/AIGLX DRI Lock At Initialization

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Jul 9 02:51:37 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 00:38 -0700, vehemens wrote:
> I believe I have narrowed the problem down to __glXDRIscreenProbe() removing
> the RADEON DRM lock that was set up with DRIFinishScreenInit().
>
> What happens is that __glXDRIscreenProbe() calls drmOpenOnce() which uses
> drmAvailable() to test for the presence of the kernel driver.  If the test
> passes, it closes the file descriptor and removes the lock.

drmAvailable() opens and closes its own DRM file desriptor, which
shouldn't have such side effects on existing DRM file descriptors. Could
there be a bug in the DRM BSD code? Does the same problem occur on Linux
for you? I've never seen it, FWIW.

At any rate, you may want to move this to the dri-devel list.