issues with intel driver and xrandr

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Jul 13 13:51:49 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 15:34 -0500, Matthew O'Gorman wrote:

> mog at metalman:~$  xrandr --output VGA --auto --right-of LVDS
> xrandr: cannot find crtc for output VGA

I've recently updated the 'xrandr' utility to solve this problem.

> Also as of late I notice if I trigger a dpms event it crashes my
> laptop, however the laptops hardware way of blanking the screen does
> not seem to cause this problem

Hmm. You might try the driver changes I just pushed; they make some of
the monitor detection code a bit more robust in the face of DPMS.

I've got an X30 sitting here; if you're still experiencing trouble, give
a precise recipe to reproduce it and I'll see if I can't make it work.

keith.packard at intel.com