How has (keyboard) input init and handling changed between 6.8 and 7.2+ ?

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at Sun.COM
Mon Jul 23 10:47:09 PDT 2007

I have an X device called Sunray which is a very thin client. The
keyboard, mouse, and display are attached to a small node
which maintains a UDP connection to a unix host. The host computer runs
a complete X server which has a ~ddx~ that keeps an in-core screen,
does pixel-scraping, and translates the screen, kbd, mouse stuff into a
wire protocol.

I have all the initializations working and 2 out of 3 devices
functioning (screen and mouse), but there doesn't seem to be a peep from
the keyboard yet.
I'm thinking WaitForSomething() is either not seeing it or is disposing
it as trash.

Ob-open-source:  Like all of our X work at Sun, this work will be
licensed favorably to the community, but the legal process has not been
concluded yet.

Stuart Kreitman