[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel-2.1.99

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 9 13:14:50 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 13:09 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> Yeah, Peter's provided some really good fixes.  I think all of them are
> upstream now or have bugs filed with patches attached.

Thanks ;)

> > They currently do not apply cleanly (with the exception of patch 5) to
> > the 2.1.99 release.
> >
> > 01_fix_compiz_video.diff
>
> I'm not sure about this one, I know we had XAA issues, but this might be
> separate.  Zhenyu should know something about this too.

It isn't mine. It forces the XV video to use overlay mode (obviously not
on 965 which doesn't have one), as the XAA acceleration would cause
BadAlloc errors when trying to use textured video with compositing.
Comments in the source-code indicate this may be an insurmountable
problem with XAA, in that it can't ensure the texture memory for the
video is in the right place.

It'd be nice to get XV working with textured video, and I guess this is
the case already with EXA.

> > 02_xps1330_tvout_quirk.diff
>
> This one's upstream already.

Wasn't mine.

> > 03_fix_brightness_control.diff
>
> Heh, that patch has spread far & wide. :)  I hacked that together awhile back.
> The one in 11527 should be more complete.  I can push it upstream after we've
> done more testing.

Clearly you know that wasn't mine ;)

> > 04_fix_hw_restore.diff
>
> Already upstream.