xorg multiseat xgl

onetwo jojo onetwojojo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:49:46 PST 2007

Hi Paulo

The requirements on your website(for Multiseat 7.04 beta),
say that 2 GFx cards are required.

Is that correct?

Yan (& me) _seem_ to be looking for multiseat of 2 screens (i.e
dual-head multiseat)
(what you seem to be suggesting is running 2 instances of Xorg on each GFx card)

(I believe multiseat on 2 individual GFx is already supported by
latest Xorg directly..isn't it)

On a sidenote, dual-head mobo support is pretty common these days, if
support is added for them, you would have a _huge_ base of beta
testers.

On multiseat documentation, wikibooks, are not current and out of
date, Xorg seems to be a moving target !

(and all this while I am busy trying to implement advice from this
mailinglist, with whatever little time I can manage)

Regards

Jojo