xrandr test suite (attached)

Wu, Nian nian.wu at intel.com
Sun Nov 18 21:43:21 PST 2007

Matthias Hopf wrote:
> While debugging the previously mentioned RandR issues I developed a
> test suite in perl. Though at the moment it only tests setting one
> output at a time, it should be improved to add some multi-output
> setting as well. Also it only tests clone modes at the moment, no
> multi-monitor setups.
>

> The test cases look arbitrary, but have in fact carefully designed to
> map all issues I have found during debugging our driver and RandR. So
> please be careful with rearranging existing tests.
>
> Without my first xrandr patch test #s2 fails. Without the
> modes/rrcrtc.c patch test #s4 fails. Without my second xrandr patch I
> think it was test #s11 that fails, but I don't remember exactly.

I ran this test suite on my 915GM(Lenovo R52) with another monitor
connected via VGA.
The test suite failed at case #3 which set VGA to 1024x768 at 60. But from
the case's output, it ran successfully. Attachment is the log.
If I run these suite manually, case #3 passed.

I am not familiar with perl script. So please look at what the wrong is?

-Nian