Tablet to screen coordinate conversion (again)

Giuseppe Bilotta giuseppe.bilotta at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 00:17:31 PDT 2007

On 10/28/07, Magnus Vigerlöf <Magnus.Vigerlof at home.se> wrote:
> On söndag 28 oktober 2007, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> >
> > I was afraid I'd have to resort to that. Do you have a pointer to the
> > code handling this? I tried looking at the linuxwacom code yesterday,
> > but I had problems following it (too much stuff in it, compared to the
> > simple-minded acecad driver).
>
> The patch with our changes for this issue is here:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1805184&group_id=69596&atid=525126
>
> That should be less to sift through than the whole driver :)

/Much/ better, thanks a lot :)

I fixed the thing in the Acecad driver too now, and now drawing in
Inkscape follows the cursor position, which is a very nice thing.

I'm left with another issue, but I'm not sure it's related: when using
the calligraphic pen in Inkscape I get a very 'blotched' line, as if
'full-pressure' blobs were inserted along the way. I'm not sure wether
this is an Inkscape or driver bug though. It sort of looks like a lot
of 'button 0' events are inserted along the way. And I can't test what
happens with xinput because for some odd reason xinput list <device>
is the only thing that works (xinput test or anything else claims they
can't find the device).

> As the linuxwacom driver must be able to support many versions of both X.org
> and XFree86, we're stuck with the #ifdef's...

I have no idea if there is anyone using my driver on XFree86, so I
just check the version against 1.4.0 ... maybe it's not the wisest
thing but it works :P

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta