DPI monitor issue question ?

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Thu Sep 13 02:50:42 PDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 11:48:19PM -0500, Jerone Young wrote:
> Yeap 1440/11.9291inch is  ~120. Thanks. I've been trying to under
> stand this. Though it seems odd because it makes everything so big .
> While DPI of 96 seems to make things normal (also allowing for much
> more screen realestate). Maybe I'm just used to the fonts looking this
> way.

Most people are used to fonts at fixed pixel sizes (rather than
real-world sizes).  I know I am.  Also, many fonts are optimized for
fixed DPI values and don't look good when rendered at a different DPI.

Marius Gedminas
--
"Actually, the Singularity seems rather useful in the entire work avoidance
field. "I _could_ write up that report now but if I put it off, I may well