Backing out DRI2 from server 1.5

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon Aug 4 14:20:27 PDT 2008

Hi,

Since it looks like we'll be going with GEM for the memory manager,
I'll have to revisit some of the DRI2 design decisions.  As a first
step, I want to back out the DRI2 stuff from the 1.5 X server
entirely, since it uses TTM API for creating and mapping the DRI2
sarea.  We're in feature freeze with 1.5 and I won't be able to update
it in time anyway, so the best option is to just back it out instead
of releasing a server with modules expecting an API that was never
released.

Objections?
Kristian