Window Transparency without Compositing Manager

saad shams saad.shams at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 06:40:38 PDT 2008

Yes, without ANY composition manager (including xcompmgr). I was trying to
get an overview from the code in xcompmgr that what is it doing. But still
in the middle of it....

So, one thing is sure from you that using XShape, translucency cannot be
achieved.

I have read somewhere on the net that I can achieve alpha-transparency (aka
translucency) by using

- XGetImage > Blend Source & Destination > XPutImage
or
- XImage + mask (i havnt made the mask yet, but i will try if time !!!)

regards,