xserver compile problem

Chuck Robey chuckr at telenix.org
Sun Aug 24 15:04:46 PDT 2008

I updated my sources, and  now I can no longer compile the xserver.  So, either
it could be my version (I'm really inept at git, I wish there was either a
cvs/git or svn/git gateway, I can use those fine) or maybe the part of the
xserver I'm trying to compile is temporarily broken, just let me know, and I'll
work the appropriate workaround.

The problem I'm seeing is in xserver/Xi, the file Xi/xiproperty.c.  Every use of
devicePropertyNotifyEvent gets me an error, because it's not defined anywhere.
I grepped all of my sources, I tried using my tags file, nothing can find that
devicePropertyNotifyEvent definition.  I tried cleaning things and building from
scratch, I also tried updating my sources, no help.  The first error I get is in
that xiproperty,c line 194, but there are others (fix one, they all get fixed).
 So, is it maybe a problem with my sources, or should I arrange not to build Xi
somehow?

Thanks