Intel X3100 with Compiz and Video (EXA / TTM etc.)

Thomas Fritzsche tf at noto.de
Mon Feb 4 02:50:52 PST 2008

Hi Guys,

I try to find a solution the issues described in
http://www.realistanew.com/2008/01/12/compiz-updates/
As XAA + XV doesn't work i965 got backlisted by compiz. (something
with overlay?)
Solution: EXA + TTM??

I know it's a "User" question, but could not find an information somewhere else:
What is the status?

Only available solution seems to be using EXA but I come along several
post indicating large performance problems, especially in glyph
rendering:
http://cworth.org/glucose/i965/first_look/

The first blog post from realistanew.com indicate this can be solved with TTM?
Here an initial post:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-October/029389.html

I'm not sure what exactly it is but I found:
http://www.x.org/wiki/ttm
(in current mm-kernel)
What is the status of this? The performance problems are solved?
Is there somewhere an instruction on how to get this scenario running?
Is this somehow a "usable" solution already, or should I disable XV
output and go with XAA?

Thanks,
 Thomas