Can anyone tell me where to go from here!?

Brian Terry beterry83 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:31:41 PST 2008

I have recently purchased a Toshiba A205-S5809. I installed Mepis 7 on an
extended partition (dual boot with Vista). I wanted to install the Intel
chipset/graphics drivers. I have gathered up all of the prerequisites but
obtaining the MESA 3D drivers via git has proven to be a lost cause. I had
never heard of this program until now. I was able to install it via
Synaptic. After executing:
*
# *git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa

I am at a loss. Does this create a local copy of the files or do you
download something specific in a similar fashion to apt? The Toshiba detail
specifications sheet cites the GL960 Express chipset. I would greatly
appreciate any assistance that can be offered. Thank you.

-B.E. Terry