Can anyone tell me where to go from here!?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 02:19:15 PST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Brian Terry <beterry83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have recently purchased a Toshiba A205-S5809. I installed Mepis 7 on an
> extended partition (dual boot with Vista). I wanted to install the Intel
> chipset/graphics drivers. I have gathered up all of the prerequisites but
> obtaining the MESA 3D drivers via git has proven to be a lost cause. I had
> never heard of this program until now. I was able to install it via
> Synaptic. After executing:
>
> # git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
>
> I am at a loss. Does this create a local copy of the files or do you
> download something specific in a similar fashion to apt? The Toshiba detail
> specifications sheet cites the GL960 Express chipset. I would greatly
> appreciate any assistance that can be offered. Thank you.

What you've done is created a local copy of the mesa source tree. If
all you want to do is install binaries, then stick to apt. If you want
to build a snapshot of the current mesa tree or hack on the mesa
source, then you're in the right place. Otherwise, just stick to what
mepis has given you through their package manager.

--
Dan