MacBook Intel GMA950 w/ Dell 2407WFP - resolution problem

Joseph Alten joeprogrammer70 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:47:17 PST 2008

On 29-Dec-07, at 11:01 PM, Jerone Young wrote:

> I am seeing something like this problem with my GMA965 (in my Lenovo
> Thinkpad T61) w/ Samsung 243T via DVI or VGA connectors. Xrandr sees
> it can do 1920x1200 yet it is stuck at 1280x1024 @ 75hz , which my
> monitor then shows out of sync. The problem is definitely with the
> intel driver as I can use it fine under Windows Vista with my Thinkpad
> via DVI or VGA.
>
> When you try to do anything with xrandr to the monitor .. it does
> NOTHING! Can't change the res on it or anything. Now this works
> perfectly fine with my Nvidia card in my desktop using xorg "nv"
> driver as well as proprietary driver.

For me, the solution was simply compiling the latest intel code from
the git tree, and it worked perfectly (my monitor's connected via
DVI, by the way). The friendly folks at the Gentoo mailing lists (I
went there first with this problem) suggested me using a custom
modeline for my monitor which, I dunno, might do something. I guess
I'm not being much help, but I wish you the best luck in solving this!

Joe