Mac mini PPC X.org 1.3.0 (Ubuntu gutsy) and Evesham Alqemi S LCD TV

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Sat Jan 26 06:03:11 PST 2008

(jumping back to a much earlier post in this thread)

> when you use the VGA port the driver is not able to detect any
> monitors attached so it fails.  Your adapter must block your monitor's
> edid.  If you grab ati git master, it will back to a default output if
> nothing is connected.  You might also try Option "TVDACLoadDetect"
> true"

Now that I have the latest git version of the driver, I've just
re-tried the VGA approach and...it works! Perfectly! At 1280x768!
Genius!

It doesn't seem to be picking up the other available modes, but as you
say this is probably because the EDID information is being suppressed;
I'll try explicitly stating the modes (possibly with modelines) and
see if that works. But primarily I am happy because I have a decent
resolution on my TV! So the hell with DVI-to-HDMI anyway, I'll do it
with DVI-to-VGA :)

sil

--
New Year's Day --