EXA Migration

Shachar Kaufman shachar.kaufman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:32:06 PDT 2008

> No straightforward way I'm afraid[0]. It sounds like what you'd want is
> a variation of "always" which doesn't move pixmaps out of video RAM for
> fallbacks, which should be easy to add.

But this wouldn't allocate pixmaps in vram? That is, pixmaps would still be allocated in system ram and on the first operation - migrated, never to return. I would like to avoid the first transfer as well.

> [0] With current EXA, you could plug in your own allocation/migration
> logic via the CreatePixmap hook and friends, but that seems like
> overkill here...

That sounds more like it. Suppose I imitate default CreatePixmap behavior in the appropriate EXA hook, except that allocation would be in vram. How would I then hook into migration logic?