ati-6.9.0 unstable dualhead

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 06:46:47 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Simon Thum <simon.thum at gmx.de> wrote:
> Alex Deucher wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Sebastian Glita <glseba at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm using dualhead an ASUS with ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 200M against a
>>> Belinea SVGA monitor.
>>> The latest version now of xf86-video-ati drives the second monitor in an
>>> unstable state of shivering, trembling, flickering very fast (or something
>>> like that).
>>
>> Please try git master.  There was a problem with the DAC setup on
>> RS4xx chips in 6.9.0.  I may roll a 6.9.1 soon to pickup the fallout
>> from 6.9.0 testing.
>
> I have a RV280 + LVDS, and 6.9.0 screwed my LCD worse than pre-6.3 did. So
> it can't be only DAC. (6.8.0 is fine!)

When you say LCD, do you mean LVDS or an LCD connected via VGA/DVI?
How is it screwed?
Can you file a bug? https://bugs.freedesktop.org

> Also, though EXA improved a lot, there arew still lots of (fairly
> unpredictable, but generally likely during tab or window switches)
> occassions where it seems to spin. XAA still has better perf for me.

To really get the full potential of EXA you need a recent xserver (>=
1.5 optimally).

> For some reason I can't switch on AGP fast writes. May this be the cause?

Don't use fastwrites.  They are disabled by default for a reason.

> If you want I can send logs etc.

Sure. Attach them to the bug if you file one.

Alex