ati-6.9.0 unstable dualhead

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Wed Jul 2 13:47:48 PDT 2008

Alex Deucher wrote:

> When you say LCD, do you mean LVDS or an LCD connected via VGA/DVI?
> How is it screwed?
Ahh crap. Git server + faily recent ati (6.8.191) does not exhibit the
behaviour.

Well, I meant DVI in a rush of believing DVI was LVDS-based. It
frequently switches off and on backlight, plus small visible tearings
all along. Very seldom, also noise came up.
I had this in varying degrees, more with my old LCD, less with my new,
but 6.3 to 6.8 were definetely useable (about once a week it came back.
After a mode-switch or two it was fixed). Windows never exposed
comparable problems (except for the noise).

But 6.9 + 1.4.2 was worst yet. Impossible to use.

> Can you file a bug? https://bugs.freedesktop.org
If the git-is-fixed thing is unlikely, sure. I think I filed one a few
years ago though :)

Regards,

Simon