synaptics touchpad. reconnect not supported

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Jul 3 06:13:11 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 11:08:09AM +0200, Nicolò Chieffo wrote:
> Unfortunately it does not work.
> I see that the keyboard is influenced by the fdi file, because the
> layout is no more it, but is us.
> But the touchpad is exactly the same, and the options, such as
> SHMConfig, are not applied. Maybe theres something wrong with the
> fdi...
> Thanks!

try the hal-device command, it lists what the server would receive (and all
other devices of course) so it's easy to debug the fdi file. Once the
information hal-device spews out is correct and it still doesn't work in X,
please post the output of the related section and your fdi file.

Cheers,
  Peter