Versions of mesa/drm/intel_drv/xorg-server to get OpenGL 2.1 support?

Johannes Engel jcnengel at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:51:34 PDT 2008

Philip Langdale wrote:
> mesa/drm: drm-gem branch? I think so but this won't compile with any mainline kernel
> due to shmem_getpage not being exported. Is there some patch for that? what should I
> be doing here?

Have a look at Eric's kernel branch at cgit.freedesktop org. You need
these patches. Also have a look at the bugzilla (keyword 2.6.26 drm).
That problem should be solved on current master by Ian Romanick's commit.
> mesa/mesa: master? I assume the 7.0.x branch doesn't work.

drm-gem as well if you like.
> xorg-server: Does this have to be master? My understanding is that if mesa 7.1.x is
> required, then I have to move to master/1.5

Take master for example. That should work.

I am no expert on OpenGL, but that looks like success. ;)

Cheers, Johannes