Doclifter and xorg-docs

Günther Brammer GBrammer at gmx.de
Mon Jun 16 06:51:53 PDT 2008

Am Sonntag, den 15.06.2008, 22:33 -0400 schrieb François-Denis Gonthier:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been playing around with trying to convert X11.protocol to
> docbook using doclifter.

I'm converting the documents in the Xext directory. (I was interested
in the mit-shm extension.) I also knew nothing about troff a few days
ago, but the doclifter source code and the documentation of the ms
format [1] was enough to fix some Doclifter 2.3 bugs in the
MsInterpreter class. I'm attaching the patch in case anyone is
interested.

But X11.protocoll does not seem to use the ms format. doclifter -v
prints a stacktrace on unexpected exceptions, maybe that will help.

Günther

[1] http://mirbsd.org/htman/i386/manUSD/17.msmacros.htm