Doclifter and xorg-docs

François-Denis Gonthier neumann at lostwebsite.net
Mon Jun 16 07:09:35 PDT 2008

>>>>> "Günther" == Günther Brammer <GBrammer at gmx.de> writes:

    Günther> Am Sonntag, den 15.06.2008, 22:33 -0400 schrieb
    Günther> François-Denis Gonthier:
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> I've been playing around with trying to convert X11.protocol to
    >> docbook using doclifter.

    Günther> I'm converting the documents in the Xext directory. (I
    Günther> was interested in the mit-shm extension.) I also knew
    Günther> nothing about troff a few days ago, but the doclifter
    Günther> source code and the documentation of the ms format [1]
    Günther> was enough to fix some Doclifter 2.3 bugs in the
    Günther> MsInterpreter class. I'm attaching the patch in case
    Günther> anyone is interested.

I've got a small patch myself.  I'll test yours.  I'm pretty sure I
would have found more bugs there.

    Günther> But X11.protocoll does not seem to use the ms
    Günther> format. doclifter -v prints a stacktrace on unexpected
    Günther> exceptions, maybe that will help.

I'm not sure how I could say a document uses ms or not, but I've had
better success making doclifter treat X11.protocol as ms, by adding a
.ms extension, than by keeping it as it is.

The end result is still absolutely pityfull though.