1920x1200 on 965G / P5B-VM

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 11:22:26 PST 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Nicolas George
<nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> Le duodi 12 ventôse, an CCXVI, Timo Jyrinki a écrit :
>  >                                                            that is,
>  > via the ADD2 card that has a DVI.
>
>  I was not aware of this technology. That seems quite interesting, and
>  reasonably cheap. But hard to find. If it makes any different regarding
>  hardware or software compatibility, would you recommend a model in
>  particular?

See these lists:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~anholt/intel-add-list.html
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/SDVOADD2Cards

I personally just purchased one of these guys and it's working fine
for driving my LCD from a G965 (my motherboard is the same Asus P5B-VM):

https://www.prolink-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PC&Product_Code=ADD-7307-DVI-N&Category_Code=MM

I think the differences between the cards is basically what types of
outputs they've added. Except there is a difference between ADD2-N and
ADD2-R cards depending on the type of motherboard you have: ADD2-N for
ATX or ADD2-R for BTX. The one above is an ADD2-N.

There's plenty more information from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDVO

--
Dan