1920x1200 on 965G / P5B-VM

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Mar 1 10:16:19 PST 2008

Le duodi 12 ventôse, an CCXVI, Timo Jyrinki a écrit :
> I have the same motherboard, it works for me...

Thanks for your reply.

>						  1920x1080,

Did you mean x1200, or do you actually have a 16/9 monitor? All the monitors
I have found are 16/10. Which is fine for me, as I insist to have my 1200
vertical pixels.

>							     that is,
> via the ADD2 card that has a DVI.

I was not aware of this technology. That seems quite interesting, and
reasonably cheap. But hard to find. If it makes any different regarding
hardware or software compatibility, would you recommend a model in
particular?

>				    I drive 1280x1024 from the VGA out
> at the same time. Anyway, I've had all resolutions from all outputs
> working without problems so far with P5B-VM.

That is excellent news actually: that means I can plug the monitor in VGA at
first, and later switch to ADD2, doesn't it?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George