GSoC CM collaboration

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Mar 6 08:57:21 PST 2008

Am 06.03.08, 16:16 +0100 schrieb Simon Thum:

> What I have in mind is a simple XDCCC-style intensity LUT + an iRGB<->XYZ
> matrix, in sync with whatever you're coming up with. That would allow apps
> with simple color needs to remain simple.

Well this can be calculated with a CMS, no problem. Just create the
according source profile, and link with the monitor one, then feed in your
XYZ or what the profile describes and read out the monitor values. Or
vice versa for the profiles. With single colour API's it can be more
compact. Just the CMS would have to be linked in.
The ICC approach is very generic, except to support not very well HDR for
what we have.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--