GSoC CM collaboration

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Thu Mar 6 09:42:16 PST 2008

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 06.03.08, 16:16 +0100 schrieb Simon Thum:
>
>> What I have in mind is a simple XDCCC-style intensity LUT + an iRGB<->XYZ
>> matrix, in sync with whatever you're coming up with. That would allow apps
>> with simple color needs to remain simple.
>
> Well this can be calculated with a CMS, no problem. Just create the
> according source profile, and link with the monitor one, then feed in your
> XYZ or what the profile describes and read out the monitor values. Or
> vice versa for the profiles. With single colour API's it can be more
> compact. Just the CMS would have to be linked in.
That's the crucial point. If you'd prepare such a thing for an app plus
have a well-known exchange point (as XDCCC had), there was no need to
link in (and drive) a cms. How do you think of that approach?

> The ICC approach is very generic, except to support not very well HDR for
> what we have.
A HDR app should surely use a full-fledged cms. Maybe you got me wrong
in some point?

Regards,

Simon