Is there a maintainer for proto/trapproto, lib/libXTrap, app/xtrap, and Xorg XTRAP extension?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Nov 11 06:49:13 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 11:48 +0100, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while looking through (gcc) compiler warnings I noticed, that the xtrap
> headers probably ought to be reorganized.
>
> 1. Current status
> =================
>
> At the moment proto/trapproto installs these headers:
>
> (A)	<X11/extensions/xtrapbits.h>
>  	<X11/extensions/xtrapdi.h>
>  	<X11/extensions/xtrapproto.h>
>
> (B)	<X11/extensions/xtrapemacros.h>
>  	<X11/extensions/xtraplib.h>
>  	<X11/extensions/xtraplibp.h>
>
> (C)	<X11/extensions/xtrapddmi.h>
>
> where headers (A+B) are used by lib/libXTrap and app/xtrap,
> whereas (A+C) are used by the Xorg XTRAP extension.
>
> Moreover, xtrapdi.h declares the non-prototype function pointer types
>  	typedef int  (*int_function)();
> used by the Xorg XTRAP extension, as well as
>  	typedef void (*void_function)();
> used by the Xorg XTRAP extension, lib/libXTrap, and app/xtrap.

XTrap was dropped from xserver mainline:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=cbc20d92de92aad5ca240310a9156ccf97c24a01

The motivation was that it seems to be redundant in the face of Record
and Test:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-June/036214.html

So this probably makes any reorganization you want to do here quite a
bit simpler.  I wouldn't worry about trying to preserve the ability to
build older servers with newer versions of trapproto.

- ajax