keysymdef.h has wrong implies symbol?

Erik Streb del Toro mail at erikstreb.de
Mon Nov 17 06:40:59 PST 2008

James Cloos schrieb am 28.10.2008 00:21:

> Peter> well, that's the issue with the whole thing (Erik and me
> Peter> discussed that a bit):
>
> Peter> keysymdef.h states that XK_implies is U+21D2 RIGHTWARDS DOUBLE
> Peter> ARROW.  in mathematics, this is the usual symbol for "implies".
> Peter> however, according to http://unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2200.pdf (p
> Peter> 207), "implies" is an alias for RIGHT TACK.
>
> I wonder whether ⊢ is used for implies in APL?
>
> Peter> As Erik pointed out, right tack does have its own symbol
> Peter> XK_righttack, whereas there's no other XK_... for the double
> Peter> right arrow.
>
> Sounds like a good reason to go with the comment.  As does Erik’s note
> that Gnome’s code follows the comment rather than the current imKStoUCS
> implementation.
>
> Has anyone audited imKStoUCS.c to see whether there are any other
> discrepancies?
>
> -JimC

I’m still waiting for the solution of this little problem. I searched
for discrepancies in imKStoUCS.c but couldn’t find any.

So, will someone please commit the small bugfix? Or what are we waiting for?

Erik

--
GPG-Schlüssel-ID: 0x036B38E6
Fingerabdruck: F057 EEEB F0F5 9144 D95C BD98 B822 138F 036B 38E6

Außerdem kann man per Jabber mit mir reden (chatten):
Jabber-ID: wicking at jabber.org
Off-The-Record: DEBD08C2 95E7C8CE 901EC136 E39A1E43 4FC13142