Dual Head DVI on Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family

Hannes Mezger hannes.mezger at ascolab.com
Tue Nov 18 05:07:51 PST 2008

hi,

i tried to get my kubuntu (newest version) running in dual head mode. i
have a fujitsu siemens celsius w350 workstation with the Q965/Q963
chipset on board. additional i have a add2 card which gives me 2 dvi ports.
the drivers installed are the newest from kubuntu (2:2.4.1), but i just
can't get my xserver so recognize the two dvi outputs. xrandr tells me
about one vga connector (on board) and one tmds connector, but never
sees the second dvi connector.
would be great if anybody knew a solution for this..

cheers, hannes