Various patches

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Sep 23 09:23:38 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 10:57 +0100, John Tapsell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   The first patch applies to xorg/xserver  and replaces the
> requirement of openssl with an internal SHA1 implementation.  The SHA1
> code is the code that openbsd uses and is public domain.

Using an internal SHA1 implementation isn't a good idea as any bugs in
that will likely go unfixed for years. Is there some specific system
which doesn't have any library providing a SHA1 implementation?

I've reverted this patch; you're welcome to create a patch which uses an
external SHA1 library of your own making, but I don't want X.org to be
in the position of maintaining this code.

keith.packard at intel.com