Various patches

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:32:15 PDT 2008

2008/9/23 Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>:
> On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 10:57 +0100, John Tapsell wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   The first patch applies to xorg/xserver  and replaces the
>> requirement of openssl with an internal SHA1 implementation.  The SHA1
>> code is the code that openbsd uses and is public domain.
>
> Using an internal SHA1 implementation isn't a good idea as any bugs in
> that will likely go unfixed for years.

While this is possible, this is an extremely small amount of code and
it's code that is used pretty much everywhere, including ffmpeg,
wpa_supplicant, etc.

> Is there some specific system
> which doesn't have any library providing a SHA1 implementation?

Pretty much every single embed system?  Openssl doesn't crosscompile.

If you revert this patch, you make it not possible to cross-compile X, afaics.

John

Whil