"Don't know how to use device"

Søren Hauberg hauberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 04:21:16 PDT 2008

2008/9/26 Simon Thum <simon.thum at gmx.de>:
> Søren Hauberg wrote:
>>
>> 2008/9/26 Simon Thum <simon.thum at gmx.de>:
>> Thanks, I've played a bit around with it, and the attached patch at
>> least makes the touchscreen recognisable. I doubt this is the right
>> thing to do, but it's enough to give me a start.
>
> Looks OK, though you got the patch wrong.

Ohh, that was embarrassing. But hey, it wasn't meant for inclusion as
it was too hacky anyway :-)

> Try to actually use git, it's really better.

If possible, I'd like to avoid this, as I currently already have to
work with SVN and Mercurial. Adding yet another revision control
system in my mind, would probably confuse the hell out of me...

> Also, maybe you can make the touchscreen case a bit narrower,
> i.e. check for BTN_TOUCH or so.

The attached patch does this. I think this illustrates the problem
that I can't really tell touchscreens and touchpads apart. They are
both devices that have absolute axes, and emits the BTN_TOUCH signal.
I assume it will be necessary to be able to differentiate between
these two kinds of devices at some point?

Søren