"Don't know how to use device"

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 26 05:51:10 PDT 2008

Søren Hauberg wrote:
>> Try to actually use git, it's really better.
>
> If possible, I'd like to avoid this, as I currently already have to
> work with SVN and Mercurial. Adding yet another revision control
> system in my mind, would probably confuse the hell out of me...

Just as a small aside, I held off learning git for ages, but it really
is awesome... even for working on svn projects, using  a local git
mirror just kicks ass!

There are a lot of concepts that are different in git, but I watch a
good webinar that (while an hour long) really gave me the basic
background enough to know how to use git well.

http://www.gitcasts.com/posts/railsconf-git-talk
(it's not really anything about rails ;))

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie