Documentation?

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Tue Apr 7 04:37:50 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 09:03 +0000, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2009-04-07, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> > XWindows changed a lot since 1994. Legacy stuff is still available but
> > not really supposed to be used anymore, and in particular (and of
> > special interest to toolkit authors) nowadays to display text you
> > should go through XFT and fontconfig and not use legacy Core X11 font
> > methods.
>
> And legacy=bad? X core fonts still beat the shit out of the
> blur-fascist Xft/fontconfig XML-vomit mess with authors/packagers
> that hate the beautiful Helvetica with a passion.

I can't believe I'm feeding the troll, but in GNOME (and KDE I'm sure)
there is a nice big "Antialiasing: off" button in the font
configuration.  Obviously if you are too manly to use a desktop
environment which provides this then there is the configuration file.
I'm going to ignore any "xml sucks" rant though.

Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com