Documentation?

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Thu Apr 9 06:14:01 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 11:31:18AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> If any of the words I have used are too long please ask for help.

In-ter-fwhat?  Oh, fuck it, I'll go get a beer instead.

Seriously, let's go back to that sentence again:
  "Please download one of the latest releases in order to get an API-stable version of cairo."

A reasoning one can have, and that's the one I would have, is:
You have to download the latest release if you want to have the correct API
=> the API wasn't stable until very recently
=> there can't be that many applications using it if it was moving all the time
=> there can't have been much testing by real applications at that point

Pretty much the same way you tend to avoid new! improved! filesystems
until at least one of the big distributions has switched on it as
default.  Not widely used code is not stable code yet.

Looking around the website, there is no information I can find w.r.t
real world use, stability or even speed and acceleration.

  OG.