Mapping combo to key and key to combo

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Thu Aug 27 02:52:36 PDT 2009

Hi,

> This would mean I would have to set mapping per each application,
> undoable. I need something more low-level, system-wide, to "fool" any
> app that I am really pressing the assigned keys.
Perhaps this should be achieved by an application that catches key presses,
eats them and insert synthetic keypresses back into X? Not sure if this is
exactly how it should work, or if there is already an app doing this...

> PS. I am subscriber to this ML.
I'm just listening to Mail-Followup-To headers, though hardly anyone seems to
set them...

Gr.

Matthijs