Bug in interaction between freeglut and mesa-7.3-rc2

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Sun Jan 18 23:52:31 PST 2009

> Apologies.  I misread the original message.  For whatever reason (blame
> it on being Friday), I thought you were replacing glXMakeCurrent with
> glXMakeContextCurrent, not the other way around.
Never mind, I was starting to get confused, too.. :-)

> There are two bugs in freeglut:
> - It calls a GLX 1.3 function on a system that doesn't support GLX 1.3.
Could you check for GLX 1.3 at compile time? I suppose not, but maybe
there is a way?

> - It passes the wrong kind of drawable ID to glXMakeContextCurrent.
I think this is the best argument to convince them to just switch to
glXMakeCurrent.

> Do they have a bugzilla?  Is there an open bug for this issue there?
They have the standard sourceforge bug tracker here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=1032&atid=101032
But it rather looks like nobody ever looks in there.. :-/

Yours, Florian
--
"_Nothing_ brightens up my morning. Coffee simply provides a shade of
grey just above the pitch-black of the infinite depths of the _abyss_."