evdev+hal => Too many input devices.

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Sun Jul 5 13:41:26 PDT 2009

I have a Kingston BT mouse, which works pretty well with my Linux laptop. At
least it has worked so far, becouse this is what I'm getting in log files
right now, when I turn it on:

(II) config/hal: Adding input device Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse
(**) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: always reports core events
(**) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event10"
(II) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: Found 3 mouse buttons
(II) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
(II) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
(II) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: Found keys
(II) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: Configuring as mouse
(II) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: Configuring as keyboard
(**) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4,
EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
(EE) Too many input devices. Ignoring Primax Corp.     (3) Button Mouse
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (11)

And the mouse is not working. What can I do in such a situation, instead of
restarting X? Maybe I should check something? I have never ever had such
situation for many months of using this mouse. I have not changed anything
in my system for many days.
--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\