add a second keyboard with a different mapping

Lennart Aangeenbrug mailing at aangeenbrug.org
Mon Jul 20 07:32:35 PDT 2009

Hi all,How can i add a second USB keyboard, and map this
keyboard differently? The main keyboard is connected to PS/2, works fine
etc. The second one is working out of the box. I want to use the second
keyboard for Gimp and re-map some keys (like Q should be CTRL-SHIFT-N). So
my question is : how can i re-map the keys on the second keyboard? I think i
should add the keyboard to xorg, but i can't figure it out.

The Xorg.conf (i'm working under Ubuntu 8.04) shows only

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"