Driver problem: Chips and Technologies F65555 HiQVPro

Donald Kayser xorg at kayser.net
Mon Jul 27 19:28:35 PDT 2009

I recently worked with the chips driver on an embedded PPC platform. I
found that the chips driver does not work with the newer versions
because of the libpci access changes. I rewrote the driver, but
stripped out anything but support for the 65530 which is part of my
embedded platform which, and is not using the latest Xserver yet. I
did not debug the newest version of Xserver beyond seeing that the
first call in the driver to obtain specific PCI information about the
card returned an error.

I will look back into my notes to find out which call fails and report
back. Maybe you will have luck with someone fixing that call.

Donald