disable export:DISPLAY

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Tue Nov 3 01:03:46 PST 2009

Glynn Clements schrieb:
> stratton at telenet.be wrote:
>
>> On multiseat/multi-users system there are multiple users logged in via
>> gdm.Problem is that a user can start programs or take over a display
>> from another user.How to prevent this?I have read about
>> mit-magic-cookie but did not found a howto.
>
> Use user-based ("xauth") access control rather than host-based ("xhost").
>
> This should be the default if the server is started by a display
> manager, unless you explicitly allow host-based access via xhost
> (which you shouldn't do for a multi-user system).
>
> I can't comment on GDM specifically (I don't use it, and the
> documenation is silent on this issue), but it's possible that either
> GDM or the default startup scripts perform the equivalent of
> "xhost +local:" or "xhost +inet:localhost".

i do not understand the problem. how do you connect to the server ?
Normaly each user should have a separate session or uses every user the
same login ?

the most easy way is to use  "X :0 -query server" and become an X11-Terminal.
The other way is the login using ssh -X host and export the gfx.

re,
 wh