Different cursors for multiple pointers?

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Wed Nov 18 04:36:56 PST 2009

Hello Peter,

> > when using multiple pointers through XI2, is there a way to set an
> > individual cursor image for each pointer (globally)? If so, how?
> XIDefineCursor on the root window, there's no server flag for this though.
> it's not really a global setting either, it'll get overridden by
> locally-defined cursors, pretty much in the same manner as normal cursors.
thanks for your help. I've quickly ripped some code from libXcursor and
hacked together a small tool to try this, however, it doesn't seem to
have any effect. The load() routine seems to create a correct cursor ID,
and XIDefineCursor returns 0. Is this a feature which may be missing
from my graphics driver (I'm using radeon), or is this rather overridden
by my desktop environment?

Thanks, Yours, Florian

--
0666 - Filemode of the Beast