Help configuring xorg (broken screen)

Giovanni Battista Lenoci gianiaz at gianiaz.net
Fri Oct 16 01:33:22 PDT 2009

Christopher Lightfoot ha scritto:
> I don't know anything about Xorg but I'd assume it'd just stretch your
> new resolution acrross into the damaged area anyway
Maybe a picture says much more than words...

http://www.ueppy.com/broken.jpg

As you can see in the right part of the picture the screen is not
stretched, and menus cannot be seen correctly.

> - you need to use
> the actual resolution but only get X to load in the left most part of
> the resolution you need... more of a window manager issue than a
> screen issue... maybe?

If you're right can you point me how to achieve this? I use gnome.

Thank you very much for your answer.

--
gianiaz.net - web solutions
via piedo, 58 - 23020 tresivio (so) - italy